List of Accredited Registrars
In order to become a .africa accredited registrar and participate in the Launch Phases, ICANN accreditation is necessary.
Create an account or login on the ZACR portal.
- Complete your account information, including ICANN Registrar accreditation information.
- Accept the Registry- Registrar Agreement
- Request Legal Review by the ZACR legal team
- Begin technical accreditation for the .africa gTLD namespace
- Technical Accreditation for Launch (Sunrise & Landrush) – this is an optional step which will allow the Registrar to participate in the Launch phases.
- Request Live Credentials, if you have passed the Launch Accreditation – you will receive credentials to participate in Launch. If you have not passed Launch Accreditation, you will receive credentials for General Availability.
- If you are an ICANN Accredited Registrar, but do not have Launch technical Accreditation, you will be able to participate in the landrush phase manually, by making use of the Web-RAR which is available on the ZACR Registrar Portal.
Mark Validation System Tutorial
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT AND CREATE USERS
- Register an Account
- Create a Primary User (Administrator)
- Creating Additional Users
- Basic Account Administration
What is the Mark Validation System
The Mark Validation System is a uniquely designed service which allows mark holders to protect their brands through:
- Verification of the Mark Holder
- Validation of the Mark
- Provision of unique key to securely register the mark as a domain name
- Watch services for similar/infringing marks
Through the offered protection mechanisms, MVS ensures that the rightful holder of a registered mark has a smooth process for validation of their mark, successful registration of their mark as a domain name in their choice of domain space, and mechanisms for preemptively acting upon infringing registration of variants of their mark.
The Mark Validation System is a one-stop solution for global validation and protection of legitimate mark holders and their respective registered marks.
What are the benefits of the Mark Validation System?
The Mark Validation System offers the following benefits:
- Central Repository
Validation and storage of all your marks and associated documentation in one central location. No more wondering about availability and time constraints regarding the proving of your mark.
- Simple Process
An easy to follow step-by-step process outlining the exact requirements for validating your mark.
- Structured Fees
All payments are defined in one currency, with fee structures specifically outlined and detailed by the MVS operator for validation and renewal of services.
- Infringement Notifications
Keep track of potential/actual infringements on your registered mark and their corresponding registered domains.
Frequently Asked Questions and Notes
This section provides answers to common questions about the MVS as well as provides notes on changes.
Q: Can I reserve/pre-register a domain name in the new ZACR gTLDs?
A: Reservation or pre-registration of a domain name prior to the launch of any of the new ZACR gTLDs is not possible.
The concept of reservation is a common practice amongst Registrars whereby a “best-effort” is applied in order to obtain the domain name when the namespace launches.
Any application submitted during any of the .cities and .africa Sunrise phase must have a corresponding validation token (SMD) in order to obtain the highest possible priority allocation.
If an applicant wants to secure the best possible claim to a domain name application during the launch, it must be associated with a pre-validated trade mark in either the TMCH or MVS. Without this a claim to the corresponding domain name is relegated to lesser priority status. The official way in which you can best secure your rights to a name in the new ZACR gTLD namespace would be through the pre-validation of a registered mark.
Q: What is Evidence of Use and how can it be proven?
A: Evidence of Use is a prerequisite for the MVS and requires 2 items:
A Signed Declaration of Use document
Sample proof of use
A sample of proof of use must be submitted in a document as a URL Link or photographic submission. The digital proof of use can be one of the following:
Advertising and marketing materials
Brochures, pamphlets, catalogs
Product manuals, displays or signage, press releases
Screen shots or social media marketing materials
Q: Can I checkout an incomplete mark?
What can I do now?
Domain Registrars must be accredited with the ZACR to be able to register .africa domain names for your clients. The Registrar Application Process involves a legal and technical accreditation process with the ZA Central Registry.
To become an ICANN Accredited Registrar with the ZACR click here. Detailed information about the Accreditation process can be found here.
Registry Banking Details